These times can be stressful for all of us. With work and school moving to home, you might find yourself a little more overwhelmed than usual. While it is always good to stay healthy with your diet and exercise, it is also important to keep a healthy mentality! Here are some tips and suggestions to help you destress and feel calm during these turbulent times:
- Start your day with a cup of coffee. Caffeine can help boost your focus and help you feel awake.
- Dress well. Wearing sweatpants all day, every day may be comfortable and nice for the first few days, but remember to put on non-leisure clothing, too! This can help you feel more productive and put together, making you feel more professional, even when you're working from home!
- Remember to catch some rays! Sunlight can help boost your Vitamin-C and make you feel happier. Getting at least 15 minutes of sunlight and fresh air will give you energy you need to finish you day strong!
- Write down your goals. Keeping a journal with things you want to accomplish will motivate you to get things done! Writing down your dreams and goals will make you accountable to yourself.
- Relax in a warm bath. Taking some time to yourself and relaxing will help the stress melt right from your body. Light some candles, play relaxing music, and get some time for yourself!
- Try a new hobby! Have you always to try painting? Sewing? That new recipe that looked delicious? Do it! Now is the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone and try to learn a new skill.
- Remember to get a good night's sleep. Try not to stay up too late and get a good, restful sleep. Sleep helps with feeling more alert during the day and keeps your mental health at top notch!
- Keep in touch with your friends and family. Even though you might not be able to visit them in person, a phone call or video chat can help if you are feeling lonely or want someone to talk to.
- Eat well. Good food will do wonders for your body and mind! Try not to eat too much junk food. Cook some healthy and delicious meal for yourself. This the perfect time to try that meal you found on Pinterest!
- Do your DDPY! Working out helps boost your mentality in so many ways! DDPY will help you feel energized and accomplished. Plus getting stronger and feeling better is never a bad thing!
Staying healthy mentally can seem like a hard task to some, but try taking it in baby steps. Before you know it, you'll be living a healthy lifestyle without even thinking about it! If you would like some more tips on staying healthy and coping during this outbreak, check out the CDC's Mental Health Website.
Be sure to check out DDPY's new product from FormulaIQ: AnxietyIQ!
See y'all next week!